Awards, Grants, & Financial Aid
Supporting excellence in the education community
College Board partners with leading philanthropists and organizations to support academic excellence—for students, education professionals, and schools. Through a rigorous evaluative process, the College Board's awards, grants, and financial aid programs support excellence and achievement in the education community and advance the state of education.
Learn more about how you can support your students, your career, and your school with these awards, grants, and financial aid programs.
- AP District Honor Roll: Districts on the annual AP District Honor Roll have shown a commitment to increasing access to AP course work while simultaneously maintaining or increasing the percentage of students earning scores of 3 or higher on AP Exams.
- Bob Costas Grants: Each year College Board Bob Costas Grants for the Teaching of Writing recognize exceptional teachers of grades 6 through 12 for the innovative methods they use to develop their students' writing skills.
- Siemens Competition and Siemens Awards for AP: Scholarships of $2,000 are awarded to students from each of the 50 states who have earned the greatest number of AP grades of 5 in eight exams.
- College Board Inspiration Awards: The annual College Board's $25,000 Inspiration Awards recognize the most improved secondary schools in America and honor those schools whose achievements inspire us all.
- AP® Scholar Awards: Each September, the College Board recognizes high school students who have distinguished themselves academically through AP courses and exams.
- AP Grants: The Advanced Placement Program® offers two competitive grants that provide financial and technical assistance to schools and teachers interested in expanding access to AP.
- Chinese Language and Culture Initiatives: The College Board has launched the Chinese Language and Culture initiatives to help support the growth of Chinese education in U.S. schools and to build a solid foundation for the AP Chinese program. We offer programs to serve schools, teachers, and students.
- PSAT/NMSQT® Scholarships & Recognition: Students who take the PSAT/NMSQT may qualify to enter the competitions for prestigious scholarships and participate in recognition programs cosponsored by the College Board and the National Merit Scholarship Corporation (NMSC).