College Board Confucius Institutes and Classrooms (CICC)
The College Board, in collaboration with Hanban/Confucius Institutes Headquarters, has launched the Confucius Institutes and Classrooms program to support the development of K-12 Chinese language and culture education in the U.S. by providing funding, resources and guidance to participating institutions. This new initiative offers a flexible model that can accommodate:
- Large districts acting as Confucius Institutes (CIs) overseeing several school-based Confucius Classrooms (CCs)
- Smaller districts or independent schools establishing individual, school-based CCs.
By hosting a CI and/or CCs through this program, school districts and independent schools will receive support to build quality Chinese language programs leading to AP® Chinese, from which students graduate with a high level of language proficiency. Key benefits to participating institutions include:
- Seed grants to improve and expand the institution's Chinese language and culture program
- Teaching materials and resources
- Participation in other College Board and Hanban programs
- Assistance in locating and developing partnerships with schools in China
- Guidance by College Board staff and experts in the field
This program is an effective way for schools and districts to enhance their Chinese language and culture programs.
How to Apply?
Application Deadline: March 2, 2012. Applications for the 2012-2013 school year are reviewed on a rolling basis.