Summer Institutes in China
The College Board Summer Institutes in China, are sponsored by Hanban (Hanban/Confucius Institute Headquarters) and offer participants the opportunity to:
- Experience modern China first-hand.
- Immerse themselves in Chinese culture.
- Obtain AP® professional development from College Board consultants.
- Hear guest lectures on culture, language, and history from Chinese university scholars.
- Participate in cultural activities highlighting arts, cultural landmarks, and more.
- Earn graduate credits through the State University of New York University at Buffalo.
|East China Normal University||June 27 – July 8||Week 1 - AP Chinese Summer Institute |
Week 2 - Chinese Language and Culture Guest Lectures
|Beijing Normal University |
(Open only to AP World History teachers)
|June 27 – July 6||Week 1 - AP World History |
Week 2 - Chinese History and Culture Guest Lectures
The Summer Institutes in China are open only to eligible scholarship recipients (fee-based registration is not available). Scholarships provide the following:
- Registration fees and materials for the Institute
- Double-occupancy accommodation at the host university during the Institute
- Breakfast and lunch are provided Monday through Friday; participants must make their own arrangements for dinner and weekend meals
- North America-based participants will receive a travel stipend
This program requires a $100 non-refundable deposit. The deposit is required to confirm participation in the program.
Eligibility Requirements for Scholarship Recipients
- Selection priority is given to full-time AP Chinese and World History teachers from accredited U.S. secondary schools.
- Previous participants in a Hanban-sponsored AP Summer Institute in China are not eligible.
- Applicants selected to participate in both the AP Fellows Program and the Summer Institutes in China are eligible to receive a scholarship from only one of these programs.
The program is not accepting applications at present. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.