Help Students Plan for the Future
Planning for life after high school can be overwhelming for students. What careers are a good fit for them? Which colleges should they consider, and what majors can they pursue? How can you help your students take charge of their future?
MyRoad is a comprehensive online college and career planning resource for students and educators. This easy-to-use website helps middle school, high school, and college students explore comprehensive information on majors, colleges, and careers. MyRoad also provides educator tools to help you support your students in planning their future.
MyRoad enables students to:
- Discover who they are and what they might achieve in college and beyond
- Explore college majors that can help them achieve their goals
- Learn about careers from professionals in the real world
- Build their college lists and simplify the college application process
- Create and save personal planning portfolios that can be shared with counselors and/or families
- ORA Personality Profiler®—the research-validated assessment that helps students learn about themselves and suggests majors and careers
- Sixty-nine profiles of academic fields—from aeronautics to zoology, representing more than 175 instructional programs
- Timely articles covering about 450 occupations—everything from design and the performing arts to law and medicine
- Free supplemental educator resources—downloads include lesson plans, letter templates, standards alignment charts, and presentations to help you facilitate student and family use of MyRoad
Free Access to MyRoad
Students who take part in PSAT/NMSQT or PSSS (Preliminary SAT Scoring Service) have free access to MyRoad. Learn more about MyRoad and these programs:
Subscribing to MyRoad
Individuals and non-profit institutions can also subscribe to MyRoad on a yearly basis.
Individual subscription: Both students and educators have the option to purchase a one-year individual site subscription to MyRoad. The cost is only $19.95 for the first year and $16.95 for each year thereafter. To order, go to http://www.myroad.com/ and select "Individual Membership."
Institution subscription: School districts, middle schools, and high schools can purchase school-wide access to MyRoad through a one-year site subscription. Pricing starts at $200. To order, download the MyRoad Order Form (.pdf/962K) Requires Adobe Reader (latest version recommended).
Other non-profit organizations, including colleges and other educational entities, can also purchase annual, institution subscriptions to MyRoad. For more information and/or to order, please call (888) 331-8300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.