Preparation for College-Level Studies
Inspire your students to succeed in high school and beyond
Nothing prepares students for college-level studies more thoroughly than a rigorous, high-quality high school education. In today's demanding academic environment, educators face a challenging range of classroom conditions with students from diverse ethnic, financial, and academic backgrounds. How can educators navigate these challenges to connect students with educational opportunities beyond high school? Which strategies and programs yield real results?
For over 100 years, the College Board has partnered with leading educators, schools, and colleges to create innovative programs that help students, families, and educators:
- Evaluate each student's academic strengths
- Challenge students to explore their interests and reach their potential
- Inspire students to do their best work
- Pursue educational opportunities beyond high school
Programs, tools, and resources
Learn more about how you can prepare your students for college-level studies with these programs and services:
- SAT®: The best independent measure of a student's college readiness, the SAT is standardized across all students, schools, and states, providing a common and objective scale for comparison.
- SAT Readiness Program™: Prepare all students for the SAT and college success with this low-cost program. Broaden student access and provide students with the only SAT practice tests created by the test maker.
- PSSS (Preliminary SAT Scoring Service): The PSSS is a flexible, early-awareness testing service offered to schools, school districts, and nonprofit outreach organizations to inspire students to consider education beyond high school.
- PSAT/NMSQT®: Cosponsored by the National Merit Scholarship Corporation, the PSAT/NMSQT assesses skills developed through years of study in a range of courses, as well as through experiences outside the classroom.
- My College QuickStart™: Free to all PSAT/NMSQT takers, this personalized online college planning kit gives students a score report; customized SAT study plan; a personalized list of colleges, majors, and careers; and more.
- AP Potential™: Identify additional students who may succeed in AP courses at your institution and increase access and equity with AP Potential.
- Pre-AP®: Pre-AP is a suite of K-12 professional development resources and services that equips middle and high school teachers with the strategies and tools they need to engage their students in active, high-level learning, and give them the tools they need for college.
- SpringBoard®: College Board's official Pre-AP program in English Language Arts and Mathematics for grades 6-12 that integrates a rigorous curriculum with formative assessments and professional development.
- Student Search Service® (SSS®): SSS is a free program dedicated to provide information to students about admissions, financial aid, and other postsecondary opportunities without being solicited by commercial entities.