Pathways College Preparatory School
Accent on Achievement
Pathways College Preparatory School (PCPS) is designed to promote academic excellence through our caring and qualified staff members whose goal is to get to know students well. Student achievement in all areas of life is our primary purpose. Each student designs a RoadMap used to develop a personalized pathway to success in secondary school, college, and life. Pathways College Preparatory School fosters the high achievement and healthy growth and development of every member of the community.
The school is uniquely structured to educate, support, and guide students from middle school through high school graduation, building the bridges from the earlier grades that ultimately lead to college success.
The Circle of Family and Community
A safe, respectful, and welcoming school environment is a hallmark of PCPS. Parents are our partners. Parents are expected to be active members of the community by attending community celebrations, academic planning conferences, and by developing a relationship with us that focuses on their children's success.
Special School Features
- Small classes in all grades, 75 students per grade
- Advisory program
- Extended day until 4:30 (Tuesday - Thursday)
- Academic tutoring and homework help
- Advanced Placement Program® (AP®) courses
- College admissions guidance center
- RoadMap—personalized learning plans
- Community service opportunities
- Peer tutoring
- Youth leadership
- Individual lifetime sports: tennis, swimming, martial arts, yoga, capoeira
- Students must complete the required graduation tasks in addition to passing the Regents exams and earning credits
- Each student is encouraged to take at least two AP courses by twelfth grade
- Students and parents/guardians must agree to meet a minimum of twice each year to design and update the RoadMap
- Students must adhere to the school uniform policy
- Students must adhere to the rules and rituals of the community
The mission of Pathways College Preparatory School (PCPS) is to prepare every child for enrollment and success in college. We view college success and opportunity as a "pathway" to excellence and equity. Students are challenged through a rigorous college-preparatory curriculum while provided with the social and emotional support they need to succeed.