Become an SAT Essay Reader
Work from home scoring the SAT essay
Scoring the SAT essay is a unique professional development opportunity for educators. The College Board has partnered with Pearson Educational Measurement to recruit experienced teachers to read and score the essay. Readers work from their homes or offices with a user-friendly online scoring system to allow accurate and effective essay scoring. Pearson provides comprehensive training, competitive pay, and flexible hours.
Readers must meet the following qualifications:
- Hold a bachelor's degree or higher
- Teach or have taught a high school or college-level course that requires writing
- Have taught for at least a three-year period
- Reside in the continental United States, Alaska, or Hawaii
- Be a U.S. citizen, resident alien, or authorized to work in the U.S.
- Have not worked for a test preparation company that offers SAT test preparation in the past 12 months. (This does not include working for Pearson Educational Measurement or The College Board)
- Have not received pay from students or individuals to assist with SAT test preparation within the past 12 months. (This does not include receiving pay from your school as part of your job responsibilities)
Readers must satisfy the following technical requirements:
- Be able to score essays from a home or office location
- Have the required computer (PC only - MAC is not supported) and Internet connection.
For security reasons, scorers
- May not use shared office computers
- May not work from institutional computer labs
- May not use public computer kiosks
How do I apply?
To be considered as an essay reader, please complete this application. (Note: This link will take you off of the College Board website to a secure application hosted by Pearson Educational Measurement.)