2014-15 Award Nominations
Help us recognize individuals from member institutions in our region who make a difference. We are currently seeking nominations for the following awards:
The William U. Harris Award of Excellence recognizes an individual whose institution is a member of the Middle States Regional Assembly and who has demonstrated extraordinary leadership skills in the field of education. Named for William U. Harris, the Middle States regional executive director from 1990 to 2001, the award is given annually to an educator whose work exemplifies Bill’s spirit and character. Please consider nominating a colleague who:
- Has served at least five years in a position of leadership in K–12 schools or institutions of higher education in the Middle States Region.
- Has demonstrated a record of service that has inspired, prepared and connected young people to college and other postsecondary experiences.
- Has demonstrated a genuine commitment to mentoring education leaders and creating an environment that supports them in their development and growth.
- Has the strength of character to be a change agent, a collaborative problem solver and a champion of equity.
The Bernard P. Ireland Recognition Award is the highest individual award that is given to Middle States Regional Assembly members. Named for Bernard P. Ireland, one of the original incorporators of the College Board and the first director of the Northeastern Regional Office (the predecessor of the Middle States Regional Office and New England Regional Office), this award recognizes an individual who shares Bernard’s commitment to improving humanity through education. Please consider nominating a colleague who:
- Has served at least five years in a position in the field of education.
- Has a demonstrable record of service to young people in easing the transition from high school to college.
- Has a distinguished record as a change agent, i.e., has effected significant changes that proved beneficial to a large segment of his or her constituency.
- Has personal qualities that are above reproach.
- Has served in some capacity in the Middle States Regional Council, Office or Assembly of the College Board for a minimum of three years.
Nominate a colleague today. Nomination deadline is September 30, 2014.