Middle States Call for Council Nominations
Members of the College Board's governance structure represent the perspectives of students, teachers and the education community. By lending their voices and views to discussions about College Board policies, programs and procedures, the members of our councils and committees are uniquely positioned to effect change.
We encourage you to consider nominating a colleague to represent your voice.
This year, we are seeking nominations for the following positions:
- Regional Academic Council Member
- Regional College Scholarship Service Council Member
- Regional Guidance and Admission Council Member
- College Scholarship Service Assembly National Nominating Committee
Key benefits of participating in the College Board's governance include:
- Serving on committees and panels that advise on College Board programs, products and policies
- Participating in decision-making to shape policies within the education community
- Planning regional and national conferences to address key education issues
Roles and Responsibilities
Please note that all candidates considered for regional council positions must be affiliated with College Board member institutions.
Middle States Regional Council Members
- Serve as representatives for regional College Board members, bringing suggestions, issues and concerns regarding programs and services to the council table
- Advise and engage in finding solutions for challenging issues facing members and member institutions
- Plan the Middle States Regional Forum and Forum activities on an annual basis for the assembly
- Attend and host the Middle States Regional Forum
- Attend two council meetings per year
College Scholarship Service Assembly National Committee Member
- Propose nominees for at-large members of the CSS Council, officers of the CSS Assembly and Trustees of the College Board
- Ensure equal representation of education professionals on the CSS Council (higher education, secondary schools, etc.)
- Attend one national committee meeting per year
For questions, please contact Charmaine Rudder at email@example.com.