2014 Midwestern Regional Assembly Call for Nominations
Members of the College Board's governance structure represent the perspectives of students, colleagues and the education community. By lending their voices and views to discussions about College Board policies, programs and procedures, the members of our councils and committees are in a unique position to effect change.
We encourage you to consider nominating a colleague to represent your voice.
This year, we are seeking nominations for the following positions:
- Chair-Elect, Midwestern Regional Assembly
- Academic Representative to the Midwestern Regional Council
- Admission Representative to the Midwestern Regional Council
- Financial Aid Representative to the Midwestern Regional Council
- Guidance Representative to the Midwestern Regional Council
- Regionally Elected Representative to the National College Scholarship Service (CSS) Assembly Council
- Midwest Representative to the College Scholarship Service National Nominating Committee (CSSNNC)
Download a form (.pdf/496K) and submit your nomination by Sept. 30, 2013.
Key benefits of participating in the College Board's governance include:
- Serving on committees and panels to advise on College Board programs, products and policies
- Participating in decision making to shape policies within the education community
- Planning regional and national conferences to address key education issues
Roles and responsibilities
Please note that all candidates considered for national and regional council and committee positions must be affiliated with College Board member institutions. All terms begin in February 2014, unless otherwise noted.
Chair-elect, Midwestern Regional Assembly (one-year term)
- Lead the Regional Forum Program Planning Committee and oversee the program planning process for the Midwestern Regional Forum.
- Serve as a member of the Midwestern Regional Council.
- Serve a one-year term of office, after which the chair-elect assumes the position of chair, and then serves as immediate past chair, chairing the nominating committee.
Midwestern Regional Council representative (three-year term)
- We are seeking representatives for each of the following constituent groups: Academic Representative, Admission Representative, Financial Aid Representative and Guidance Representative.
- Provide a forum through which College Board members can deliberate on matters of mutual concern.
- Improve communications across the educational spectrum.
- Evaluate and promote the use of College Board programs, services and activities.
- Advise the regional office on educational issues and needs in the region, and regional positions on national issues.
- Attend three meetings in May, September and February (in conjunction with the annual Midwestern Regional Forum). The College Board covers the reasonable cost to attend the May and September meetings.
Regional Representative to National Assembly Council Members, College Scholarship Service (three-year term, beginning Nov 2014)
- Offer advice on College Board programs and services that support universal access to high standards of learning.
- Address issues related to curricula, articulation, assessment, the governance structure of schools and sustained professional development.
- Plan the Annual Meeting and Forum activities for the assembly.
- Manage the affairs of the National Assembly and advise the Board of Trustees and president of the College Board on matters of concern to the assembly.
- Attend meetings in May and December. All reasonable expenses for these meetings are covered by the College Board.
- Attend regional council meetings and the Midwestern Regional Forum to report on assembly council discussions and initiatives and to solicit regional feedback.
Midwest Representative, College Scholarship Service National Nominating Committee (two-year term, beginning Nov 2014)
- Review nominations for nationally elected positions on the College Scholarship Service Assembly Council (CSSAC).
- Ensure a balance of experience and expertise on the CSSAC through the national nominations process.
- Attend the Nominating Committee meeting in May and contribute to any discussion on nominees before and after this meeting.
For questions, please contact Sangeetha Subramanian at email@example.com.