12th Annual Institute for New AP Teachers
Oct. 2–3, 2014
Four Points by Sheraton Hotel & Conference Center
AP Teachers with less than three years' experience teaching an AP course are invited to register for this two-day professional development event and participate in course-specific discussions led by experienced AP instructors. Institute attendees will:
- Learn effective methods of instruction and find out how to implement them in your AP classroom
- Discuss strategies to prepare your students for the AP Examination, including techniques for answering multiple-choice and free-response questions
- Discover the best ways to incorporate a clear understanding of test development and AP Reading into your classroom instruction
- Receive tips for accessing AP Central® and other resources to support student learning and instruction
- Engage in dialogue and develop strategies for addressing issues of access and equity in the AP classroom
- Earn continuing education units (CEUs)
- Calculus AB
- Computer Science A
- English Language and Composition
- English Literature and Composition
- French Language and Culture
- Physics 1: Algebra-Based
- Spanish Language and Culture
- U.S. History
Take advantage of the early bird rates until Sept. 11, 2014. Registration form and payment must be received by Sept. 18.
|Early Bird Member until Sept. 11th||$365|
|Early Bird Nonmember until Sept. 11th||$420|
|College Board Member||$415|
Registration fee includes all materials, two continental breakfasts and two lunches. Please include your payment or purchase order with the registration form. Please note that sessions with fewer than 10 participants may be cancelled. Registrations are transferable within this Institute if space is available in other subject areas. A confirmation email or letter, with a map and directions will be sent to preregistered participants before the Institute.
Please note that hotel accommodations are not included in the registration fee. A block of rooms has been reserved at the Residence Inn Marriott (275 Norwood Park South, Norwood, MA 02062) at a special rate for Institute attendees. Reserve your room by Sept. 1, 2014, and mention the College Board 12th Annual Institute for New AP Teachers to receive the special rate of $145 plus tax per night. Your reservation must be made directly with Marriott by calling 800-331-3131.
A full refund is available if cancellation notice is received in writing 21 calendar days before the Institute. A partial refund will be issued if cancellation notice is received in writing less than 21 calendar days prior to the Institute. If no cancellation notice is received prior to the Institute, no refund will be issued.
Continuing Education Units
The College Board has been approved as an authorized provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET), 1760 Old Meadow Road, Suite 500, McLean, VA 22102, and may offer CEUs for its programs that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standards, internationally recognized as good standards of practice. One (1) CEU is defined as ten contact hours of participation in an organized continuing education experience under responsible sponsorship, capable direction, and qualified instruction.