Call for Assembly Nominations
Members of the College Board’s governance structure represent the perspectives of students, colleagues and the education community. By lending their voices and views to discussions about College Board policies, programs and procedures, the members of our councils and committees are in a unique position to effect change.
We encourage you to consider nominating a colleague to represent your voice.
This year, we are seeking nominations for the following positions:
- Chair-Elect, New England Regional Assembly
Download a form and submit your nomination by Oct. 31, 2013.
Key benefits of participating in the College Board’s governance include:
- Serving on committees and panels to advise on College Board programs, products and policies
- Participating in decision making to shape policies within the education community
- Planning regional and national conferences to address key education issues
Roles and responsibilities
Please note that all candidates considered for national and regional council and committee positions must be affiliated with College Board member institutions. All terms begin in February 2014, unless otherwise noted.
Chair-Elect, New England Regional Assembly (three-year term)*
- Serve one year each as Chair-Elect, Chair and Immediate Past Chair of the New England Regional Assembly
- First Year — Serve as Chair-Elect and also as Chair of the Regional Forum Program Planning Committee, overseeing the program planning process for the New England Regional Forum
- Second Year — Serve as the Chair of the Regional Council
- Third Year — Serve as Past Chair of Regional Council as well as Chair of the Nominating Committee
- Serve as a member of the New England Regional Council
* Nominee must be from the admissions community
For questions, please contact Alexis Guay at firstname.lastname@example.org.