29th Annual Institute for Experienced AP® Teachers
March 6-7, 2014
Four Points by Sheraton Hotel & Conference Center
AP teachers with three or more years' experience teaching an AP course are invited to register for this two-day professional development event and participate in course-specific discussions led by experienced AP instructors. Institute attendees will:
- Learn effective methods of instruction and how to implement them in the AP classroom
- Discuss enhanced strategies for preparing students for the AP Exam, with an emphasis on free-response questions and special-focus materials
- Identify methods and create plans for promoting critical thinking, critical reading, analysis and problem-solving skills
- Engage in dialogue and develop strategies for addressing issues of access and equity in the AP classroom
- Earn continuing education units (CEUs)
- Art History
- Calculus AB
- English Language and Composition
- English Literature and Composition
- French Language and Culture
- Government and Politics-United States
- Physics B
- Studio Art
- United States History
- World History
Registration and payment must be received by February 13, 2014.
|College Board Members||$365|
Registration fee includes all materials, two continental breakfasts and two lunches. Please include your payment or purchase order with the registration form. Please note that sessions with fewer than 10 participants may be cancelled. Registrations are transferable within this Institute if space is available in other subject areas. A confirmation email or letter with a map and directions will be sent to registered participants before the Institute.
Please note that hotel accommodations are not included in the registration fee. A block of rooms has been reserved at the Four Points by Sheraton Hotel & Conference Center at a special rate for Institute attendees. Reserve your room by February 13, 2014, and mention the College Board to receive the special rates of $135 plus tax, per night. Your reservation must be made directly with the hotel by calling 781-769-7900.
A full refund is available if cancellation notice is received in writing 21 calendar days before the Institute. A partial refund will be issued if cancellation notice is received in writing less than 21 calendar days prior to the Institute. If no cancellation notice is received prior to the Institute, no refund will be issued.
Continuing education units