Call for Council Nominations
Members of the College Board's governance structure represent the perspectives of students, colleagues and the education community. By lending their voices and views to discussions about College Board policies, programs and procedures, the members of our councils and committees are in a unique position to effect change.
We encourage you to consider nominating a colleague to represent your voice.
This year we are seeking nominations for the following positions:
- Regional Academic Council Member
- Regional College Scholarship Service Council Member
- Regional Guidance and Admission Council Member
- Georgia Council Member
- Louisiana Council Member
- Mississippi Council Member
- North Carolina Council Member
- Guidance and Admission Assembly Council Member
- College Scholarship Service Nominating Committee Member
Download a nomination form and submit it by Oct. 11, 2013.
Key benefits of participating in the College Board's governance include:
- Serving on committees and panels to advise upon College Board programs, products, and policies
- Participating in decision making to shape policies within the education community
- Planning regional and national conferences to address key education issues
Roles and responsibilities
Please note that all candidates considered for national and regional council and committee positions must be affiliated with College Board member institutions.
Southern Regional Council
- Provide a forum through which College Board members can deliberate on matters of mutual concern.
- Improve communications across the educational spectrum.
- Evaluate and promote the use of College Board programs, services and activities.
- Advise the regional office on educational issues and needs in the region, and regional positions on national issues.
- Attend three meetings per year (June, September, February).
- Hold the position for three years.
National Guidance and Admission Assembly Council Members
- Discuss policies, programs and standards related to providing educational opportunities for all students.
- Advise the College Board on particular program and service issues of interest to the assembly related to early awareness, precollege planning, assessment, admission and retention.
- Represent your colleagues’ perspectives in discussions, ensuring that they are appropriately considered.
- Attend two meetings per year (May, December).
- Serve a three-year term.
College Scholarship Service (CSS) National Nominating Committee
- Propose nominees for at-large members of the CSS Council, officers of the CSS Assembly and Trustee of the College Board.
- Attend one committee meeting per year (May).
- Serve a two-year term.
For questions, please contact Gail Mitchum at email@example.com.