Southwestern Regional Forum 2015
February 26–27, 2015
Hilton Dallas Lincoln Centre, Dallas, Texas
Meet colleagues, share experiences and build partnerships at the 2015 College Board Regional Forums. Join education professionals from across the K–12 and higher education spectrum — teachers, counselors, admission and financial aid officers, administrators, and policymakers — as we focus on this year’s theme: “Membership. Partnership.”
This is your opportunity to interact with some of the great minds in your region and explore best practices in:
- Access — Identifying robust programs that demonstrate students' potential and connect them with opportunities.
- Instruction — Developing vibrant instructional programs that address diverse learning styles and abilities.
- Assessment — Testing the core skills and knowledge that are fundamental for success in college or careers.
- Completion — Sustaining an emphasis on success that propels students through high school, college and beyond.
Learn more at southwesternforum.collegeboard.org.
Call for Nominations: Southwestern Regional Awards
The Southwestern Regional Office is currently seeking nominations for our annual awards. Help us recognize outstanding educators in our region by submitting your nomination today. Award recipients will be honored at the 2015 Southwestern Regional Forum, to be held Feb. 26–27, 2015, in Dallas, Texas.
We encourage you to consider nominating a colleague for one of the following honors:
- Martha H. Salmon Leadership Award: Recognizes an individual whose service and leadership at the regional and national levels have advanced access, equity and opportunity for all students.
- Excellence in Service Award: Recognizes professionals from member institutions for exemplary contributions to and achievements in the Southwestern Region. Award recipients must be from a member institution; demonstrate significant positive impacts on their profession and colleagues; exhibit leadership and service; mentor, inspire and/or motivate others; participate and contribute to the Southwestern Regional and College Board forums, workshops, conferences and activities; and demonstrate a positive contribution to the mission and focus of an appropriate assembly and/or higher education. The four categories for the Excellence in Service award are:
- Higher Education
- Academic Assembly
- College Scholarship Service Assembly
- Guidance and Admission Assembly
- AP® Award: Recognizes individuals who have been significantly involved with the AP Program. Up to four awards may be given in one year.
- AP Award for Administrators Recognizes an individual who has had a significant positive impact on the AP Program in their school or district.
Learn more and download a nomination form (.pdf/459KB). Requires Adobe Reader (latest version recommended).
Nomination forms must be received by November 14, 2014.