Western Region Events
Previously called the Fall Counselor Workshops, these free workshops provide school counselors with the information they need to help students prepare for college and career success. Seats are limited, so sign up now for a free session near you.
For counselors who are not able to attend a local workshop, we are also offering online workshops. Learn more.
AP® and Pre-AP® Professional Development Workshops
As part of our efforts to help all students develop the skills needed to succeed in college, the College Board offers professional development programs to K-12 teachers, counselors, and administrators.
Our intensive workshops enable education professionals to:
- Learn strategies to help more students achieve college success
- Exchange ideas with peers in a stimulating environment
- Start and support an AP program with best practices from College Board-endorsed colleagues in each subject area
- Receive continuing education units
College Board Institute on Financial Aid
Learn the essentials of financial aid during a weeklong professional development event. Connect with your colleagues as you develop knowledge of the fundamentals and receive direct counseling from seasoned professionals in the field.
Visit the College Board Institute on Financial Aid to learn more.
Western Regional Forum
The 2015 Western Regional Forum is an interactive gathering where you can network with, learn from and collaborate with peers in your region from across the K-1 6 spectrum. This meeting provides K-12 and higher education professionals with an opportunity to collaborate.
The 2015 Western Regional Forum will be held Feb. 19-20 in Newport Beach, Calif.
Visit westernforum.collegeboard.org for more information.
Higher Education Professional Development Workshops
We invite you to join us at an Enrollment Management workshop to learn how the College Board can help you develop more strategic and cost-efficient methods to reach prospective students. Topics covered in these online or in-person workshops include:
- Defining and reaching qualified prospects for your institution;
- Managing scholarship awarding in economically challenging times;
- Addressing cost and financial aid questions without referring everyone to the Financial Aid Office; and
- Evaluating your admission decisions.
Please visit the Higher Education Professional Development page for more details.
The College Board
Western Regional Office
2099 Gateway Place, Suite 550
San Jose, CA 95110-1017
Phone: (408) 367-1515
Toll Free: (866) 392-4078
Fax: (408) 367-1459