Western Region Events
AP® and Pre-AP® Professional Development Workshops
As part of our efforts to help all students develop the skills needed to succeed in college, the College Board offers professional development programs to K-12 teachers, counselors, and administrators.
Our intensive workshops enable education professionals to:
- Learn strategies to help more students achieve college success
- Exchange ideas with peers in a stimulating environment
- Start and support an AP program with best practices from College Board-endorsed colleagues in each subject area
- Receive continuing education units
Download a schedule of upcoming workshops in the Western Region.
College Board Institute on Financial Aid
Learn the essentials of financial aid during a weeklong professional development event. Connect with your colleagues as you develop knowledge of the fundamentals and receive direct counseling from seasoned professionals in the field.
Visit the College Board Institute on Financial Aid to learn more.
AP® Special Topics Conference
Nov. 10, 2012
The Harker School, San Jose, Calif.
February 23, 2013
Boulder High School, Boulder, Colo.
March 9, 2013
Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles, Calif.
For AP teachers seeking to tailor their professional development
The Special Topics Conference provides an opportunity to refine instructional skills and increase content knowledge. Whether you choose to focus on topics within your subject area or in related subjects, this one-day conference will equip you with highly effective teaching practices and an in-depth look at course content.
Attendees can tailor their conference experience by selecting breakout sessions in one or any combination of subject areas.
- AP Biology
- AP Calculus AB
- AP English language and Composition
- AP English Literature and Composition
- AP U.S. History
View sample session descriptions (.pdf/91KB).
College Board Members: $180
The College Board WRO
P.O. Box 8055
Mt. Vernon, IL 62864
Higher Education Professional Development Workshops
We invite you to join us at an Enrollment Management workshop to learn how the College Board can help you develop more strategic and cost-efficient methods to reach prospective students. Topics covered in these online or in-person workshops include:
- Defining and reaching qualified prospects for your institution;
- Managing scholarship awarding in economically challenging times;
- Addressing cost and financial aid questions without referring everyone to the Financial Aid Office; and
- Evaluating your admission decisions.
Please visit the Higher Education Professional Development page for more details.
The College Board
Western Regional Office
2099 Gateway Place, Suite 550
San Jose, CA 95110-1017
Phone: (408) 367-1515
Toll Free: (866) 392-4078
Fax: (408) 367-1459