Western Regional Assembly
Call for Nominations
Members of the College Board's governance structure represent the perspectives of students, colleagues and the education community. By lending their voices and views to discussions about College Board policies, programs and procedures, the members of our councils and committees are in a unique position to effect change.
We encourage you to consider nominating a colleague to represent your voice.
This year, we are seeking nominations for the following positions:
- Regional Academic Assembly Representative
- Regional College Scholarship Service Assembly Representative
- Regional Guidance and Admission Assembly Representative
- National College Scholarship Service Council Member
- College Scholarships Service Assembly National Nominating Committee Member.
Download a form (.pdf/543KB) and submit your nomination by June 11, 2014.
Key benefits of participating in the College Board's governance include:
- Serving on committees and panels to advise on College Board programs, products, and policies
- Participating in decision making to shape policies within the education community
- Planning regional and national conferences to address key education issues
Roles and responsibilities
Please note that all candidates considered for national and regional council and assembly positions must be affiliated with College Board member institutions.
Western Regional Assembly (three-year term):
- Provide a forum through which College Board members can deliberate on matters of mutual concern.
- Serve as representatives for regional College Board members, bringing to the council table suggestions, issues and concerns regarding programs and services.
- Advise on and engage in finding solutions to challenging issues facing members and member institutions.
- Communicate to constituents the benefits of participating in the regional forum.
- Improve communications across the education spectrum.
- Evaluate and promote the use of College Board programs, services and activities.
- Advise the Western Regional Office on education issues and needs in the region and on regional positions on national issues.
- Plan the Western Regional Forum and forum activities on an annual basis for the assembly. Attend the Western Regional Forum in February.
- Attend two meetings, one in June and one in February. All reasonable expenses for these meetings are covered by the College Board.
National College Scholarship Service Assembly Council Member (three-year term):
- Discuss policies, programs and standards related to providing educational opportunities for all students.
- Offer advice on College Board programs and services that are related to providing educational opportunities for all students at crucial transition points in their lives.
- Represent colleagues' perspectives in discussions, ensuring they are appropriately considered.
- Promotes access to postsecondary education by involving educators across the continuum in: articulating principles of student financial aid administration; addressing issues of financing students’ postsecondary education; helping students and families prepare financially for college.
- Attend regional council meetings in June and Feb. and the Regional Forum to report on assembly council discussions and initiatives and to solicit regional feedback. The College Board covers the reasonable cost to attend the meetings and regional forum.
College Scholarship Service Assembly National Nominating Committee Member (two-year term):
- Propose nominees for at-large members of the CSS Council, officers of the CSS Assembly and Trustees of the College Board.
- Ensure equal representation of education professionals on the CSS Council (higher education, secondary schools, etc.).
- Serve a two-year term.
- Attend one national committee meeting per year (May). All reasonable expenses for this meeting will be covered by the College Board.
For questions, please contact Jill Donovan at email@example.com.