AP Vertical Teams® in Studio Art
Learn how to strengthen an AP Vertical Team
This one- or two-day workshop gives participants the tools to build and/or strengthen an AP Vertical Team and to align a curriculum vertically across grades within the studio art discipline. Through the implementation and vertical articulation of concrete strategies, participants will gain a deeper understanding of the skills and knowledge students need to succeed at the AP level. Participants will learn strategies to vertically align a curriculum to facilitate student achievement in (1) visual analysis and critical thinking (2) development of technical skills and (3) ideation and expression of artistic voice, as used to develop an AP Studio Art portfolio.
- Participants will learn how to align curriculum in order to help students develop the skills and knowledge they need at the AP level.
After attending this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Describe the fundamental goals of AP Studio Art
- Identify the College Board’s mission to provide access and equity
- Describe strategies used by AP Studio Art Vertical Teams for developing curriculum in 2-D, 3-D, and Drawing
- Explain the content and skills necessary for student achievement in a vertical curriculum in studio art
- Identify the structure and standards of the three AP Studio Art portfolios available: 2-D, 3-D, and Drawing
- Create an action plan for developing and sustaining the AP Vertical Team
- Welcome and Introductions
- Curriculum Alignment
- Questioning Strategies to Improve Student Achievement
- Sustaining the AP Vertical Team
- Workshop Summary and closing