Pre-AP Instructional Leadership: Using Data to Improve Student Performance
Learn to use, collect, organize and analyze data
This interactive workshop provides participants with tools to access, interpret and use data to improve student performance. Participants will learn strategies for addressing equity and access; creating effective leadership and instructional alignment teams; and supporting teachers as they prepare students for AP and college course work.
- Participants will understand the types of data available and how to use the data to improve teacher instruction and student performance.
After attending this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand the different types of data available to Pre-AP and AP schools and districts.
- Identify the key skills students need to develop at the Pre-AP level in order to be prepared for AP course work.
- Implement strategies for building an AP program that prepares and supports both teachers and students. These strategies include addressing equity and access, implementing vertical teaming, and accessing resources on AP Central® and collegeboard.com.
- Implement an action plan to transfer the workshop knowledge to their district or school.
- Welcome and Introductions
- Laying the Foundation (Workshop Guiding Question, Fostering Equity and Access, Survey of Data Use)
- Understanding the Data
- Improving Student Performance
- Workshop Summary and Closing