AP® Calculus: Using Technology to Support the Goals of AP Calculus (Online Professional Development)
For new and experienced AP teachers
Developed in partnership with Texas Instruments, this course investigates the use of graphing technology to develop the mathematical practices and skills necessary for success in AP Calculus. Technology offers students the opportunity to explore mathematical ideas in ways that allow them to better understand core calculus concepts. This online course will provide teachers with practice lessons in which technology supports deeper conceptual understanding by students and facilitates more effective instructional approaches within the classroom. Participants will gain and strengthen the ability to adapt their current classroom curriculum with graphing technology to help students meet the goals of AP Calculus.
Participants will learn how graphing technology can be integrated into the mathematics classroom to both support deeper understanding of core AP Calculus concepts and facilitate more effective instructional approaches.
After attending this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Explain how graphing technology supports the goals of AP Calculus in classroom activities
- Describe ways that graphing technology helps develop deep conceptual understanding and facilitate effective classroom lessons.
- Integrate activities that use graphing technology into your classroom curriculum to address the goals of AP Calculus.
- Unit 1: Course Welcome and Introduction
- Unit 2: Multiple Representations
- Unit 3: Collaborative Activities
- Unit 4: Communicating Results
- Unit 5: Sharing Student Work
- Unit 6: Inquiry-Based Activities