AP Physics 1
For new and experienced AP teachers.
After attending this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Apply concrete strategies for designing and implementing an effective AP Physics 1 curriculum in topics such as kinematics, dynamics, simple harmonic motion, rotational motion and mechanical waves.
- Develop activities, assessments and laboratory strategies that engage students in acting and thinking like scientists
- Implement strategies to effectively prepare students for the AP exam
- Develop or revise a syllabus to align with course requirements
Each participant will receive a copy of the Workshop Handbook and Resources, which contains:
- AP Physics 1 and Physics 2 Course and Exam Description
- AP Course Audit information
- Sample syllabi for AP Physics 1 and a Syllabus Development Guide
- AP Physics 1 Practice Exam