Pre-AP Strategies in History and the Social Sciences
Learn strategies to improve students' historical thinking skills
This interactive one-day workshop presents middle and high school teachers with strategies to improve students' historical thinking skills, specifically interpretation and analysis. Through the exploration of primary, secondary, written and visual sources, participants will gain a deeper understanding of the skills and knowledge students need at the Pre-AP level.
- Participants will learn strategies designed to help students interpret and analyze visual and written sources.
After attending this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify primary and secondary sources.
- Use strategies for interpreting and analyzing written and visual sources.
- Welcome and Introductions
- Laying the Foundation (Workshop Guiding Question, Building Equity and Access, Interpret vs. Analyze)
- Interpreting and Analyzing Written Sources
- Interpreting and Analyzing Data from Visual Sources
- Workshop Summary and Closing