Online Scores for Students
AP Online Scores for Students
Students’ AP Exam Scores will be available online in July.
Encourage any of your students who don’t have a College Board account to visit apscore.collegeboard.org/scores to create one, as they’ll need an account to get their scores. To aid you in supporting your students, a digital AP Scores for Students Awareness Toolkit is also available for download at Share AP.
Features and benefits
- View, download and print their scores.
- Send scores to colleges, universities and scholarship programs – this is more convenient than submitting requests by phone, mail, or fax.
- Review and track their orders – view their entire score send history and see the status of all orders.
How to help students
- Inform students that they must have a College Board account in order to access their AP scores online. Direct students to sign up for a free College Board account at apscore.org as early as possible.
- Encourage AP teachers to make this announcement in their classrooms and assign students the homework task of setting up a College Board account.
- Be aware that many students will already have an account if they’ve ever registered for the SAT or participated in other College Board programs. Students who already have an account should sign in and confirm that they have the correct username and password.
- Remind students to keep their username and password in a safe place.
- Encourage students to fill in their AP answer sheet carefully and consistently.
- Either during your preadministration session, or at exam time, instruct your students to fill in their AP answer sheet carefully and consistently to avoid delays in score access.
- Name, date of birth, sex, mailing address, and email address are particularly important.
- Local student identifier or student ID number: If students have a local identifier and provide it on their AP answer sheet, they can use that identifier to access their scores. If students have more than one student ID (e.g., state level and school level), select the one that is most appropriate to use for reporting AP Exam scores.
- Email address: Students who provide their email address will receive a notification when their AP scores are available.
- Remind students that they must save their AP number.
- Students will need to provide their AP number (or their student ID number, if they provided it on their answer sheet) in order to view their scores online and send scores to colleges.
- To help students remember their AP number, a tear-off card is provided in the AP Student Packs. Please encourage students to store this card in a safe place so they can refer to it in July.
The AP Program appreciates educator support in helping students prepare to access scores online. See the frequently asked questions for more information and learn more at apscore.collegeboard.org/scores.