Scripts and instructions for AP Exam day
The AP Exam Instructions book contains the specific scripts and instructions for administering AP Exams. The book, provided in each school's exam shipment, includes a sample completed answer sheet, a seating plan for exams with scrambled multiple-choice sections, an Administration Incidents table, and an Incident Report Form.
Coordinators and proctors: Click on the links below to access exam instructions you can use for both regularly scheduled exams and late-testing exams.
- All exams (except Chinese Language and Culture, Japanese Language and Culture, and Studio Art) must begin with either General Instructions I or General Instructions II.
- If your school plans to administer the recorded portion of any AP Exam in world languages or the AP Music Theory Exam using a PC or a Mac, you may download supplemental instructions for recording student responses using a computer.
For information about holding a preadministration session, download the new AP Preadministration Instructions (.pdf/653KB) booklet.
For all other information concerning the AP Exam administration, consult the AP Coordinator's Manual (.pdf/3.84MB).
Introduction, General Instructions, Reporting Incidents:
- Introduction, Sample Answer Sheet, Seating Students for Calculus and U.S. History Exams (.pdf/1MB)
- General Instructions I and II (.pdf/230KB)
- Administration Incidents Table, Incident Report Form (.pdf/260KB)
Exam Instructions by Subject:
- Art History (.pdf/546KB)
- Biology (.pdf/232KB)
- Calculus AB and Calculus BC (.pdf/771KB)
- Chemistry (.pdf/232KB)
- Chinese Language and Culture (.pdf/207KB)
- Computer Science A (.pdf/204KB)
- Economics (Macroeconomics and Microeconomics) (.pdf/233KB)
- English Language and Composition (.pdf/233KB)
- English Literature and Composition (.pdf/212KB)
- Environmental Science (.pdf/209KB)
- European History (.pdf/242KB)
- French Language and Culture (.pdf/345KB)
- German Language and Culture (.pdf/337KB)
- Government and Politics: Comparative (.pdf/210KB)
- Government and Politics: United States (.pdf/208KB)
- Human Geography (.pdf/217KB)
- Italian Language and Culture (.pdf/351KB)
- Japanese Language and Culture (.pdf/216KB)
- Latin (.pdf/240KB)
- Music Theory (.pdf/334KB)
- Physics B (.pdf/228KB)
- Physics C: Electricity and Magnetism (.pdf/209KB)
- Physics C: Mechanics (.pdf/234KB)
- Psychology (.pdf/220KB)
- Spanish Language (.pdf/382KB)
- Spanish Literature and Culture (.pdf/259KB)
- Statistics (.pdf/228KB)
- Studio Art (.pdf/216KB)
- United States History (.pdf/261KB)
- World History (.pdf/257KB)