Bulk Registration and Pre-ID Label Tool
The Bulk Registration and Pre-ID Label Tool allows schools, districts, and states to submit registration information electronically and securely. For PSAT/NMSQT® and ReadiStep™ registrations, this process produces Pre-Identification (Pre-ID) labels for students' answer sheets, eliminating the need for students to fill in this information on test day.
For the 2012 PSAT/NMSQT Administration, participation is limited to a few pre-selected districts. The tool will be broadly available for PSAT/NMSQT in 2013-14.
Organizations using the Bulk Registration tool will need to upload complete and correct files by the following dates:
PSAT/NMSQT: September 14, 2012
ReadiStep: September 21, 2012
While organizations participating in ReadiStep and PSAT/NMSQT may submit one file that includes both programs, they must do so by September 14, 2012.
The Bulk Registration tool does not replace the current process for ordering tests.
- School coordinators should order PSAT/NMSQT here.
- School or district coordinators should order ReadiStep here.
To participate in Bulk Registration, you’ll need:
- An Education Professional account. An Education Professional account gives you access to many collegeboard.com programs and services, including Bulk Registration, Online Reports, AP® Course Audit, AP Ordering, AP Central®, AP Potential™, PSAT/NMSQT® Ordering, PSAT/NMSQT® SOAS (Summary of Answers and Skills), SpringBoard® Online and State Reports. If you do not already have an account, you can create one here.
- An access code for Bulk Registration. Access codes will be emailed to PSAT/NMSQT organizations in mid-to-late August, and to ReadiStep organizations after test orders have been placed.
- A registration file that you create, containing your student’s data and meeting certain requirements.
- All files uploaded for bulk registration must be in the Comma Separated Value (.csv) format.
- The file must have as the first row all of the column headers listed in the Bulk Registration File Specification.
- You can use this template .csv file, with column headers populated, also available within the Bulk Registration system or, as long as your file meets the specifications, you may create it from scratch.
- A sample .csv file, with column headers and exemplary data populated is available here and within the Bulk Registration system.
- Files containing multiple schools will need to include schools' AI Codes (for PSAT/NMSQT) and ReadiStep School Codes. You can look these up via the links below:
- Organizations participating in PSAT/NMSQT and ReadiStep may upload one file that includes data for both programs. Note that each student record will require indicators to distinguish the program for which they are being registered.
After your file is created, go to the Bulk Registration system and follow the directions to upload your file.
Files will be validated within 24 hours of upload to the Bulk Registration site. Files will be validated for correct column headers, columns in the correct order, required fields populated and valid field values. Files failing for any of these reasons will not be processed and will require a replacement file to be uploaded. Notifications will be posted within the bulk registration system and emailed to you.
Before test day
Approximately one week prior to test day, schools included in successfully validated files will receive pre-identification labels for each student registered. Before test day, labels should be applied to answer sheets following the instructions provided.
ReadiStep labels will arrive with all other ReadiStep test materials, and will be sorted alphabetically by last name. Instructions for applying labels, as well as administering the test to students with and without labels, can be found in the Supervisor's Manual for the ReadiStep Assessment (.pdf/1.91MB).
PSAT/NMSQT labels will arrive separately from test materials, and will be grouped by grade, then sorted alphabetically by last name. Schools will receive two identical sets of labels; the second is to be put aside and used only to replace any damaged or lost labels. The label shipment will also include several copies of the Supplemental Instructions for Bulk Registration and Pre-ID Labels for the PSAT/NMSQT (.pdf/662KB), which includes instructions for applying labels and administering the test to students with and without labels.
On test day
Schools will administer the test using the labeled answer sheets. As specified in the instructions provided as part of or in conjunction with the Supervisor’s Manual, students will not have to complete certain section of their answer sheet if they have a label.
For ReadiStep, coordinators, supervisors and associate supervisors should follow the instructions provided in the Supervisor's Manual for the ReadiStep Assessment (.pdf/1.91MB).
For PSAT/NMSQT, coordinators, supervisors and associate supervisors should follow the instructions provided in the Supplemental Instructions for Bulk Registration and Pre-ID Labels for the PSAT/NMSQT (.pdf/662KB) (shipped with labels) until directed to refer to the standard Supervisor's Manual for the PSAT/NMSQT (.pdf/1.7MB).
Score reports will reflect the data provided as part of bulk registration. Student ID numbers, if included in the uploaded file, will appear on ReadiStep and PSAT/NMSQT Student Data Files, as well as AP Potential (for PSAT/NMSQT).