College Planning Tools
Connect your students to college with the PSAT/NMSQT
Students 13 and older who take the PSAT/NMSQT automatically receive free access to three resources to connect them to college.
My College QuickStart™
My College QuickStart is an online college and career planning tool available free of charge to all students who take the PSAT/NMSQT. It is powered by their responses to the test and provides personalized information that helps students take their next steps toward college:
- My Online Score Report — an enhanced score report that allows students to review each test question, their answers, and the correct answers with answer explanations
- My SAT Study Plan — a customized SAT study plan based on students' PSAT/NMSQT test performance, highlighting skills for review and practice
- My Personality — a detailed personality test that helps students learn about themselves and discover majors and careers that fit their strengths and interests
- My Major & Career Matches — extensive information about majors and careers, including insights about what to expect and what courses to take now
- My College Matches — a starter list of colleges based on students' home state and indicated choice of major
- My AP Potential — a report that shows students’ level of potential for different AP courses and indicates which courses are related to college majors that interest them
To sign in, students need:
- The access code printed on the upper right corner of their PSAT/NMSQT score report
- A College Board student account. (Students who do not already have a College Board account will be prompted to create one. It typically takes less than two minutes to create a free account.)
My College QuickStart Resources
Several resources are available to help educators implement My College QuickStart in the classroom as well as to encourage student use at home; they include:
- Lesson plans to lead students through specific sections of My College QuickStart
- Guided exercises for students on how to set up their accounts and connect with or without an access code
- Implementation guide for educators that includes best practices
- Resources for communicating to parents
With My College QuickStart, PSAT/NMSQT test-takers receive access to MyRoad's in-depth major and career information, so they can chart their path to college and beyond. MyRoad is designed to make the process of choosing a major, college, or career, quicker and easier for students.
The unique features you'll find on MyRoad include:
- ORA Personality Profiler®: the research-validated assessment that students take to learn about their personality types and receive major and career suggestions
- Sixty-nine profiles of academic fields—from aeronautics to zoology, representing 175 instructional programs
- Timely articles covering more than 450 occupations—everything from hot new fields such as medical tech, to more traditional pursuits, including law and medicine
For schools that administer the PSAT/NMSQT and would like to offer MyRoad to all of their school's students, special reduced pricing is available. A one-year school site plan costs only $250. Special pricing is also available for school districts. Download the MyRoad Order Form (.pdf/44K).
Student Search Service®
When students take the PSAT/NMSQT or register for the SAT, the College Board's Student Search Service allows them the option to give their names and information to colleges and scholarship programs that are looking to connect with students like them. Encourage your students to sign up for Student Search Service so they can take advantage of this convenient and easy way to learn more about their college opportunities.