After Test Day
Steps to take after the PSAT/NMSQT assessment
Follow the steps below to get the most out of the PSAT/NMSQT program. The free resources and reports below will help your school analyze student performance and help students prepare for the SAT® and college.
In December after score report shipments arrive
- Use free publications and tools to understand PSAT/NMSQT results.
- Distribute resource materials to help teachers, parents, and students understand and interpret test results.
- Provide teachers and administrators with test information.
- Share your School Summary Report and other test result information with school staff prior to distributing students' score reports.
- Distribute extra copies of PSAT/NMSQT test books to teachers.
- Encourage staff to view the My College QuickStart™ online demo for high school educators.
- Return score reports and test books to students.
- Distribute score reports and test books.
- Encourage students to log in to My College QuickStart.
- Encourage staff to create a MyRoad™ account and direct them to the free online resources that support school use of MyRoad. Your school's MyRoad educator access code is printed in the upper-right corner of the Roster of Student Scores and Plans included in your score report shipment.
- Use AP Potential™ to identify additional students for honors and Advanced Placement Program® courses.
- Teach staff how to use this online tool to expand student access to AP® courses.
- The AP Potential educator access code is printed in the upper-right corner of the Roster of Student Scores and Plans.
- Help teachers evaluate the details behind student performance with the Summary of Answers and Skills (SOAS) report.
- Show teachers how to use the SOAS report to identify their students' academic strengths and weaknesses based on their test performance.
- The SOAS access code is printed in the upper-right corner of the Roster of Student Scores and Plans.
- Compare your school's performance with national- and state-level data.
- Review and share the College-Bound Juniors and Sophomores reports with teachers in order to compare and analyze the performance of your students.
- Prepare students for the SAT.
- Provide ScoreWrite™: A Guide to Preparing for the SAT Essay to your school's English Department Chair.
- Encourage high school students to utilize My SAT Study Plan™ in My College QuickStart for personalized SAT preparation.
- Review SAT Readiness Program™ resources.