Inform Students & Parents
PSAT/NMSQT information before test day
As you prepare for test day, it is worthwhile to make sure all students are informed of testing arrangements and receive materials ahead of time.
At least two weeks prior to the test, give your students:
- The Official Student Guide to the PSAT/NMSQT; encourage them to read the test regulations and take the practice test included in the student guide
- A photocopy of the Take the PSAT/NMSQT (.pdf/114K) and Parent Perspective (.pdf/358K) flyers, which provide facts about the test
- The test date, time, location, and any special instructions relevant to your school
- A reminder to bring on test day:
- Two No. 2 pencils
- An approved calculator (see page 17 of the student guide)
- Social security number (optional)
- Email address (optional)
Students from other schools and/or homeschooled students testing at your school should also be provided with this information and be reminded to bring a photo ID.
Additional information on preparing students is available in the Helping Students Prepare section.