Check & Store Test Materials
Securing your PSAT/NMSQT materials
As supervisor, you are responsible for protecting test materials from unauthorized access from the time they are delivered to your school until score reports are returned.
- Make sure that you have received all cartons. For example, if you have three boxes in your shipment, they will be marked 1 of 3, 2 of 3, and 3 of 3.
- Without opening the plastic bags, check the test books to verify they are for the test date you requested.
- Check the answer sheets to make sure that they are for the correct test date. Wednesday answer sheets are green; Saturday answer sheets are blue.
- Count the tests (without opening the plastic bags) and answer sheets to make sure you have received the correct quantity. They are bagged in quantities of five or 25.
- Contact the PSAT/NMSQT office immediately if:
- You received test books for the wrong test day.
- The number of tests and answer sheets you ordered does not match the number you received.
- Any of the following materials are missing:
- PSAT/NMSQT Supervisor's Manual (at least one for every 25 test books)
- Shipping Notice
- Supervisor's Report
- Remittance Envelope
- Answer Sheet Return Envelope(s)/Boxes and related materials
- Nonstandard Administration Envelope for return of answer sheets for students tested with accommodations
- Reseal the boxes and place all test materials in locked storage in an area at your school where only you and designated assistants have access. No one is to open the bags of test books until distribution to room supervisors on test day.