Resources & Tools
Preparing students and families for the PSAT/NMSQT
The following downloads will help you prepare your students and families for the PSAT/NMSQT in October.
- Take the PSAT/NMSQT Flyer (.pdf/114K): Duplicate and post this poster in common areas of your school as students' official notice of the PSAT/NMSQT test administration. Space is available to indicate your school's test date, time, and fee information.
- PSAT/NMSQT: The Parent Perspective (.pdf/358K) and PSAT/NMSQT: Perspectiva de los Padres (.pdf/371K): These flyers in English and Spanish can be duplicated to help parents and guardians understand the important role of the PSAT/NMSQT in helping their young adults' transition to college. Space is available on the cover to indicate your school's test date, time, and fee information.
- Preparing Students for the PSAT/NMSQT (.ppt/1.73 MB): This PowerPoint presentation is designed to prepare students for the test by familiarizing them with key question types and test-taking strategies.
PSAT/NMSQT Official Student Guide
The free PSAT/NMSQT Official Student Guide contains:
- Sample test questions with explanations
- Tips and strategies about guessing, pacing, and calculator use
- Descriptions and entry requirements for National Merit Scholarship Corporation programs
- A separate booklet containing a full-length practice test
Schools order these guides for their students at the same time they order test books by logging into the PSAT/NMSQT Coordinator site.