An overview of PSAT/NMSQT student and school reports
In early December, your school's PSAT/NMSQT score reports will be shipped addressed to your school principal. Your school will receive the following in this shipment:
- Two sets of students' score reports—one to distribute to students, the other to keep on file. For more information on these reports, see the Student Score Report section.
- Roster of Student Scores and Plans. This roster is a one-stop source of information about all test-takers and includes:
- Selection Index
- Eligibility for National Merit Scholarship Corporation programs
- Grade average
- College major
- Student access codes for My College QuickStart™
- Educator access codes for AP Potential and the Summary of Answers and Skills
- School Summary Report. When more than 50 juniors and/or 50 sophomores take the PSAT/NMSQT at your school, you will automatically receive this report. (If not, you can order this report for $30.) This report gives you an overview of personal characteristics, scores, and educational plans, including the number of students tested, mean test scores, ethnic background, and college major of interest.
Online PSAT/NMSQT reports
The following free reports are available to schools online at College Board Reports:
- PSAT/NMSQT State Summary Reports (College-Bound Sophomores and Juniors Reports): These reports summarize the characteristics, scores, and educational plans for the sophomore and junior PSAT/NMSQT test-takers in each state. Click here for more information or view reports.
- PSAT/NMSQT Skills Mapped onto State Standards: These reports describe how the academic skills assessed on the PSAT/NMSQT align with the state standards for every state in the continental United States. View reports.
- AP Potential™: Available online by the end of December, AP Potential is a Web-based tool that helps school administrators find potential honors and AP students from among their school's PSAT/NMSQT test-takers. View reports.
- Summary of Answers and Skills (SOAS): Available online by the end of January, this report gives you a snapshot of student performance on each PSAT//NMSQT test question. Learn more about SOAS or log in to view reports.