After the Test
Steps to take after the PSAT/NMSQT
After testing is complete, room supervisors and proctors should follow the steps outlined below:
1. Collect test materials.
- Collect an answer sheet and test book from each student.
- Count the materials to make sure you have one answer sheet and one test book from every student.
- Check that school codes and grade levels have been filled in correctly. Room supervisors should take the time to flip through answer sheets to make sure students gridded their grade levels and school codes properly. This is critical for the accuracy of your school's reports, as well as for accurate billing of test fees.
2. Dismiss students and return test materials.
After testing is complete please:
- Thank students for their cooperation and inform them that they are dismissed
- Separate answer sheets and test books of students from other schools
- Return all test materials to the supervisor as soon as students have been dismissed
- Remind students about test security—students may not discuss the test until they receive their score reports in December
3. Complete your paperwork.
After all test materials have been collected, PSAT/NMSQT Coordinators should follow the steps below, which will help you organize your materials. Return all materials no later than the next school day after the test administration, to the PSAT/NMSQT office (200 Ludlow Drive, Ewing, NJ 08638). Return answer sheets promptly to prevent score report delays for your students. Note that late answer sheets could keep students from entering NMSC programs.
- Complete the Supervisor's Report. Be sure to fill out and sign the Supervisor's Report in pencil. Your school's score reports cannot be sent to you unless we receive your signed report.
- Return answer sheets promptly:
- Submit completed answer sheets and required accompanying forms immediately, but no later than the next school day after the test administration.
- Do not delay the mailing of answer sheets in order to complete your Remittance Report, as they must be mailed separately.
- PSAT/NMSQT Coordinators will receive an email after answer sheets have been received; they will also be notified by email in November if answer sheets have not yet arrived at the scoring facility.
- Destroy unused answer sheets.
- Complete the Supervisor's Irregularity Report, if applicable: Use this form to report any testing irregularities experienced at your school.
- Complete the Online Remittance Report: Log on to the PSAT/NMSQT Coordinator site to generate your school's Remittance Report. It will compute your test fees so you can print the results and return the printout with your payment. Before you go online, make sure you have:
- The number of completed answer sheets you're returning, by grade
- The number of tests you loaned/borrowed from other schools (if applicable)
- The number of junior fee waivers used (if applicable)
- The number of students tested at your school whose fees are being billed to the district, state, or other educational entity
- If you're paying by purchase order, the PO number
The Online Remittance Report tool will ask you for this information to generate a report with the amount you should remit for test fees. Print and sign this report, attach your check or purchase order and Fee-Waiver Roster with student names, if applicable, and mail it in the Remittance Envelope provided in your test materials shipment to:
12192 Collection Center Drive
Chicago, IL 60693
(Use this address for initial payment only.)
- Complete the Fee-Waiver Roster, if applicable: If your school was allocated fee waivers, you must list, on the Fee-Waiver Roster, the name of each junior using a fee waiver. The number of fee waivers used must match the number of names listed on the roster and cannot exceed the number that was allocated by the College Board. The Fee-Waiver Roster Form will automatically print out with your Remittance Report. The number of fee waivers used will determine the number of spaces that will appear on the roster for writing in students' names.
- Store test books securely: Immediately after the test, place all used and unused test books (including those of students from other schools) in locked storage. Make sure that no answer sheets are in the test books. Organize test books for return to students with their score reports in December. For example, if your school distributes score reports through counselors, sort the test books by counselor, place a sheet of paper with the appropriate counselor's name on top of each stack, and organize the test books in the boxes in which they came. Store the test books in a secure location until December.