Helping Students Prepare
This information refers to the current SAT and is in effect through the January 2016 test date. Get information about the redesigned SAT, which starts March 2016.
Information and resources from the SAT test maker
While there is no substitute for real learning — knowledge building and no short cuts — there is value in practicing on real tests under actual testing conditions. The College Board recommends that students take advantage of the affordable SAT practice tools in order to help them do their best on test day by:
- Becoming more familiar with the test experience
- Increasing test-taking comfort and confidence
To help you prepare your students for the test, the College Board provides the SAT Readiness Program™—an integrated system of free and affordable print materials, online services, and teacher workshops.
Developed to meet the diverse needs of students, educators, and schools, the SAT Readiness Program enables schools to:
- Create an affordable program to help broaden student access to SAT preparation and higher education
- Provide students with the only SAT practice tests created by the test maker
Our SAT preparation resources are both individually useful and designed to work together. You can select resources to:
- Highlight the concepts and skills assessed on the SAT
- Provide students with resources for independent study
- Customize an SAT preparation course for your school
At khanacademy.org/sat, students can also access SAT videos and tutorials offered by the College Board’s partner, Khan Academy.