SAT In Focus™
The College Board offers two tools for students and educators—SAT® Skills Insight™ and My SAT Online Score Report—to help students better understand their SAT scores, prepare for the test, and connect to college success. Used together, these tools can help students get the most out of their scores and gain insight into the academic skills they need to do better in the classroom, on the test, and in college.
SAT Skills Insight
SAT Skills Insight is a free online tool that is beneficial to all students before and after they take the SAT. It shows students the academic skills that are tested on the SAT and gives them the confidence and motivation to reach their desired score. The more knowledge students have about the test, the more they'll understand what it will take to reach their goals. It includes:
- Academic skills tested on the SAT
- Academic skills typical of students who score within each score band
- Suggestions for improvement
- Real SAT questions and answers
For more information, download SAT Skills Insight for Educators.
My SAT Online Score Report
My SAT Online Score Report is a free online tool that gives students the meaning behind their numbers and insight their strengths and weaknesses. It includes:
- Details of their performance by question type and difficulty level
- National, state, and high school percentiles
- A student's essay question and scanned response
- Career and major searches
- Self-guided demo of the score report
After students take the SAT, you can use SAT In Focus to help them plan their next steps. You can help them review their personalized score results using My SAT Online Score Report, which can be found at www.collegeboard.com about one week after they have received notice that their scores are available online.
Then, you can use SAT Skills Insight to point out the types of academic skills they need to improve upon to help them achieve their desired score.