Registering for the SAT®
Home-schooled students can register by paper or online for the SAT®. When prompted for their high school code, they should supply the number 970000.
A student schooled at home who does not have acceptable photo identification can follow these steps:
- If known by a counselor or other staff at the local high school, the student can ask the school to print a Student ID Form on school letterhead or the student can download and print both sides.
- Affix a recognizable photo of the student where indicated and fill in his or her name and date of birth.
- If the student doesn't have any acquaintances at the school, he or she can take the form, along with suitable ID with signature, to a notary public, who should follow the directions on the form for completing it. The notary or school staff who knows the student needs to:
- Apply the notary/school seal, making sure to overlap the photo
- Have the student sign the ID form in your presence
- Sign and date the form
The student will also be asked to sign the ID form again at the test center. This form must be dated and is good for only one year.