How to request a Sunday test date
Some test centers offer the SAT® on Sunday, rather than Saturday, for students whose religious observance does not allow them to test on Saturday. Sunday test dates immediately follow each Saturday test date.
Restrictions of Sunday testing
Sunday testing is:
- Restricted to students who cannot test on Saturday for religious reasons
- Not available for makeup testing, except for Sunday test center closings
- Not available in India or Pakistan
Testing on both Saturday and Sunday is not permitted. If a student takes the test on both Saturday and Sunday, scores from only one test administration will be reported.
Registering for Sunday testing
Only religious reasons are accepted for requests to test on Sunday. This means that Sunday testers must provide a letter from their clergy that:
- Explains the religious observance behind the request
- Is printed on stationery from the house of worship
- Is signed by clergy
The first time students register for Sunday testing, they must:
- Register using the paper Registration Form
- Enter the number 01000 for the first-choice test center code and leave the second choice blank
- Include the signed letter from clergy with their Registration Form—required for every paper registration
- Mail their registration, along with proper payment of fees, by the regular postmark deadline (must be delivered by the deadline for international registrations)
Once a student has registered for Sunday testing, he can reregister online or by phone for additional test dates. However, mailed registrations must always include the letter from clergy, even for students who have previously registered for Sunday testing.
If a Sunday test center must close, the SAT Program arranges for a makeup and notifies the registered students. Normal makeup policies apply.