Requesting Waitlist Status
This information refers to the current SAT and is in effect through the January 2016 test date. Get information about the redesigned SAT, which starts March 2016.
Standby testing for the SAT® is not permitted
Test registration on test day at the test center is not available. Unregistered individuals will not be admitted to the test center under any circumstances. Students who miss the late registration deadline or who have their paper registration returned to them unprocessed without enough time to resubmit it may be able to request Waitlist Status. Waitlist Status can be requested from the last registration deadline up until five days before test day.
What students need to know before registering:
- To be admitted as a Waitlist applicant, a student must present an acceptable school- or government-issued photo ID from the country in which he or she is testing.
- Waitlist Status is only available online; students cannot request Waitlist Status with the paper registration form or by calling Customer Service.
- Students will be charged any applicable registration fees, including Waitlist fees, only if they are admitted to the test center on test day.
- All normal registration requirements apply, including the need to upload an acceptable photo.
- Students must be able to print their ticket; it cannot be mailed to them.
Test-takers are given complete explanations of our Waitlist requirements online and in the Student Registration Guide.