College-Bound Seniors Reports: Higher Ed
Reports for institutions of higher education based on SAT results of 2012 graduating high school seniors
The College Board SAT College-Bound Seniors Reports report the characteristics of various groups of college-bound seniors for use by high schools, school districts, colleges and universities, state-education administrators, and researchers.
Aggregated data include mean scores and responses to student background questions from graduating seniors who took SAT Program tests in high school. The data are used for monitoring SAT trends and for viewing scores in context.
Please Note: Mean scores for the 2012 College-Bound Seniors reports to institutions of higher education will continue to be based on students' most recent SAT scores, and will not be affected by the scores that students choose to send to colleges through Score Choice.
Profiles of prospective applicants for admission (Basic Profile Report)
The College Basic Report is sent automatically in August to colleges and universities to which 50 or more students reported their SAT scores. This paper report contains:
- Data (mean scores, score distributions, and percentiles) from students who sent reports to your institution
- Names of other colleges and universities that received SAT score reports from your prospective applicants
- Geographic locations of high schools supplying the largest number of your prospective applicants, including:
- Aggregate mean SAT scores
- Mean scores by gender
- Name, city, and state of the schools attended by your prospective students
Total Group and State College-Bound Seniors Profile Reports
These reports contain mean scores and responses to the SAT Questionnaire by state and for the total group. Use them to compare total group and state data with the data from your prospective applicant group.
College-Bound Seniors Public Use File (fee-based service)
These research data provide individual records containing:
- Most recent SAT Program scores
- Demographic information
- SAT Questionnaire responses (student, school, and college identification not included)
Data in various sample sizes are available:
- By state
- For the total group
- With SAS® variables for use with SAS (Base Product) software
Ordering and contact information
If you did not receive a Basic Profile Report, and 50 or more students reported their scores to your institution, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.