Internet Score Delivery
Receive SAT reports online
SAT Internet Score Delivery provides secure and easy transmission of SAT scores to your institution. It is the fastest delivery method for receiving student records and eliminates the need for paper or CD-ROM delivery.
Advantages to receiving scores by Internet Score Delivery
With Internet Score Delivery, electronic score data:
- Are available approximately 20 days after each SAT test date, offering the fastest SAT score delivery method. This can be especially important during the early action and/or early decision application time frame.
- Can be downloaded to any computer that has the appropriate security encryption software (PGP®)
- Can be imported into various institutional data management systems (such as PeopleSoft and Banner) for further analysis
The Internet delivery service includes:
- Email notification when score data are available for downloading
- For designated score recipients, daily delivery of rush score reports featuring full score reports in place of the abbreviated interim paper report sent by mail to CD-ROM and paper score recipients
- Access to data for 28 days, after which data can be restored upon request
On day 29, the data are purged from the server. If you are unable to access the data within the 28-day time frame, please contact Code Control by phone or email:
- (609) 771-7091
- The College Board charges no fees for Internet Score Delivery.
- If you don't already have the necessary PGP encryption software installed, you need to purchase it from Symantec Corporation for approximately $100 to $200.
- Additional score reporting options (paper or CD-ROM) cost 10 cents per student record.
- Institutions who frequently ask to retrieve data after the 14-day time frame may be charged a fee for data restoration to the server.
How to sign up for Internet Score Delivery
You can switch to Internet Score Delivery at any time by calling Code Control. Also, once a year, your institution receives the SAT score delivery options mailing. This mailing includes:
- An overview describing the score reporting formats offered
- An order form showing your institution's current reporting format and contact information
- An electronic data layout explaining how the score data are organized
To use the Internet Score Delivery service, you need:
- Internet access and a browser
- An email address
- PGP encryption software version 2.6.2 or higher that can generate a 1024-byte RSA key—we recommend the desktop package that includes PGP Perpetual License with software insurance
You will receive a test file which you must decrypt. This is part of ensuring that your setup is working before the first score file is made available to your institution.
Contacting Code Control
To order Internet Score Delivery, restore score data, or obtain more information, contact Code Control by phone or email:
- (609) 771-7091