When and how students receive their SAT scores
Here are the dates on which scores are available to students for 2014–15 test dates.
|Test Date||Scores by Web*||Paper Scores Begin Mailing**|
|October 11, 2014||October 28, 2014||November 5, 2014|
|November 8, 2014||November 25, 2014||December 3, 2014|
|December 6, 2014||December 23, 2014||December 31, 2014|
|January 24, 2015||February 12, 2015||February 19, 2015|
|March 14, 2015||April 2, 2015||April 8, 2015|
|May 2, 2015||May 21, 2015||May 28, 2015|
|June 6, 2015||June 25, 2015||July 1, 2015|
*My SAT Online Score Report is typically available approximately a week and a half after scores are available via the Web.
**Students who have active College Board online accounts will automatically get their SAT scores through My SAT Online Score Report only, unless they request a paper score report. Students who register by paper and who do not have an online account will still receive paper score reports unless they ask us not to mail them.
Note: Most colleges accept October and November scores for Early Decision/Early Action programs. Students should check with specific colleges to learn when SAT scores need to be received to meet application deadlines.
Viewing SAT scores
Students can view their scores on the Web by signing in to My SAT after 8 a.m. Eastern Time on the dates listed above. It is important to note that a small number of scores take longer to report and may not be available on the dates listed here.
Students can see the scores of every SAT test they have taken, as well as all score recipients to which they have previously sent scores.
The SAT online score report
When your students get their SAT scores, we want to make sure they really get their SAT scores. We want them to understand the meaning behind the numbers. Furthermore, we know that as a counselor, you want the best tools to help your students improve their test scores and prepare for college success. My SAT Online Score Report is the best and fastest way for students to get personalized, practical information about their SAT results. It's also an easy way to decrease the amount of paper we use (and that they get in the mail) while still providing everything they would get in a paper score report, and more. The online report helps them:
- Understand specifics about how the test is structured and scored, including the writing section and the essay
- Get detailed insights into how they performed on each section of the test, including responses by question type and difficulty
- See how their scores compare to those of students in their school, state, and nationally
- Search for the right colleges, majors, and careers based on their scores
- Work on improving their scores on a future test through targeted practice
- See sample essays that received various scores
My SAT Online Score Report is available free to every student who takes the SAT, whether he or she registered online or by mail; all a student needs is a collegeboard.com account. To access the report, the student should:
- Log into collegeboard.com with a unique username and password
- Click on "My SAT." This will show the upcoming tests for which the student is registered (or registrations that are in progress), plus scores from all previous SATs taken
- Next to the relevant test date*, click on "My Online Score Report"
*For tests taken before October 2007, students will see the older version of the report.
Students may also get their SAT scores by phone for an additional fee.
SAT scoring before March 2005
If you need information about an SAT taken prior to March 2005, click here for information on scoring and score reports (this link takes you to the student area of this website).