Testing Closer to Home
How to request an SAT Subject Tests test center
Students who live more than 75 miles (121 kilometers) from the nearest test center can request that the SAT® Program try to open a test center closer to their homes. Students will be notified of whether or not their requests can be fulfilled.
Restrictions of testing closer to home
Requests to open a test center closer to home:
- Must be made in writing, with a paper Registration Form
- Cannot be made for late registration
- Are not available for October or June test dates in international locations (available for all test dates in the United States, U.S. territories, and U.S. commonwealths)
- Are not an option for testers in India or Pakistan
Registering for testing closer to home
To request testing closer to home, students need to:
- Register for the test using the paper Registration Form
- Enter the number 02000 for test center on the Registration Form and leave the second choice blank
- Include a letter describing the situation with the completed Registration Form
- Mail their registration:
Students will receive an Admission Ticket showing the test center assignment several weeks before the test.