To protect the validity and fairness of the SAT and SAT Subject Tests, the College Board has instituted some important changes to registration and test-day requirements for 2012-13. Please go here for complete coverage of our new test security enhancements.
Confirming an SAT Subject Test registration
The Admission Ticket confirms that a student is registered to take a specified test on a specified date, at a specified test center. Students must bring their ticket to the test center for admittance. The personal information on the Admission Ticket must exactly match the information on the identification that a student will present on test day. A student’s photo ID must resemble his or her appearance on the test day and in the Admission Ticket photo. Students cannot make changes to their test date, test center, or test type (SAT to SAT Subject Tests or vice versa) on test day.
How do students get their Admission Ticket?
Students who register online:
- Print their Admission Ticket immediately upon completing registration
- Receive email confirmation of their registration
- Do not receive an Admission Ticket by mail
Students who register by phone or use the paper form to register and provide an email address on the form will receive a link to their online Admission Ticket by email only. They must print their Admission Ticket and bring it on test day. Paper or phone registrants who do not provide an email address or who indicate on the form that they prefer to receive a paper ticket will be mailed an Admission Ticket. View the ticket mailing dates in the student area of this site.
Corrections and changes
All registrants must:
- Check their Admission Ticket to verify the identifying information, address, and high school code
- Reprint their Admission Ticket if they make any changes to their registration information. The Admission Ticket presented at the test center must match the information on the test center roster or the student will not be admitted to the test center.
Learn more about allowed corrections and changes.
Students cannot change the name they registered under, their date of birth, their gender or their photo once the registration has been processed. In addition, test date, test center and test type changes must be made in advance for a fee online or by calling Customer Service. Changes must be submitted by the date listed on the Admission Ticket (generally the last published registration deadline for the test date). Refer students to Customer Service if they detect errors after submitting their registrations.
Students can print their Admission Ticket whether they registered online or by paper. To print a ticket or make corrections online, a student should:
- Sign in to My SAT. If the student hasn't already created a collegeboard.org username and password, he or she should do so now.
- Click "Print Admission Ticket."
- Update the ticket's information as necessary. Changes to test type, test date or test center are subject to a change fee.
- Print the Admission Ticket.
Missing Admission Tickets
Students who do not receive their Admission Ticket at least one week before the test date and are unable to get it online should call SAT® Program Customer Service.
If changes are required in a registered student's accommodations contact College Board Services for Students with Disabilities (SSD) at least two and a half weeks before the test date.