In order to bring you the best possible user experience, this site uses Javascript. If you are seeing this message, it is likely that the Javascript option in your browser is disabled. For optimal viewing of this site, please ensure that Javascript is enabled for your browser.
Jump to page content Jump to navigation

College Board

Homepage Home > Testing > Students with Disabilities > Application Process > After Determination > Transfer Students

Transfer Students

Information on students approved for accommodations at a previous school

If a student was approved by the College Board at a previous school and is transferring to a new school, it is important to notify the College Board of the change. The most efficient method for recording the transfer is to use SSD Online. From your dashboard, select “Submit Student Eligibility Form”. On the first page of questions (Student details page), respond “Yes” to both questions (“Has a Student Eligibility Form already been submitted for this student?” and “Is this student a previously approved Transfer Student?”). You will be asked for the student’s name, date of birth, and SSD Eligibility Code, which you should obtain from the student. If you do not have access to SSD Online, see SSD Online Disabilities Accommodation Management System

If the student will receive different accommodations in the new school than those approved, documentation will be required for review. Please see the Documentation Guidelines section regarding what documentation is needed.

Students who are submitting a request for accommodations without the participation of their school should fill out section I of the Student Eligibility Form. They should be sure to fill in question 10b, which asks specifically about transfer students.  Documentation of the need for the accommodations should be included.

Customized Entry Pages


Now you can request accommodations online.

SSD Online System - thumbnail image

Sign in to SSD Online Disabilities Accommodation Management System.


  • Services for Students with Disabilities (SSD)
  • College Board SSD Program
  • P.O. Box 8060
  • Mt. Vernon, Illinois 62864-0060
  • Phone: (609) 771-7137
  • FAX: (866) 360-0114
  • TTY: (609) 882-4118
  • Email:
  • Phones are available between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. (Eastern Time), Monday through Friday. You may also contact PSAT/NMSQT, SAT or AP for specific information about each program.

Back to top