How to submit an accommodations request when documentation is required
When students are ineligible for accommodations through the school verification process, they may still be eligible through the Document Review process. To find out, they must submit documentation with the Eligibility Form to support their need for accommodations. College Board reviewers will review the documentation and determine eligibility for accommodations for College Board tests.
To submit a request through the Document Review process:
- Complete a request for accommodations on SSD Online. SSD Online will indicate at the end of process whether documentation is required for review. It will also provide a printable list of documentation that would be helpful for the review. The specific documentation that is requested is determined by the student’s disability and the requested accommodations.
- Print out the fax cover page, at the end of SSD Online process. This page includes the students name, SSD Eligibility Code, and bar code, as well as an abbreviated list of requested documentation.
- Collect the documentation to support the student’s need for the requested accommodations. In most cases, this would be the documentation requested by SSD Online.
- Attach the fax cover page to the documentation, and send it to the College Board at the fax number listed on the cover page. The documentation will be attached to the student’s electronic file and reviewed by the College Board.
- A student or parent may request accommodations without involvement by the school by completing Sections I and III of the request for accommodations, and forwarding the Eligibility Form with supporting documentation to the College Board.
For more information about situations when documentation is required, see Documentation Requirements
For more information about the type of documentation that is needed, see: