How you can determine a student's eligibility for a fee waiver
A student's eligibility can be primarily determined using the levels for reduced lunch listed in the USDA income eligibility chart. Eligibility for reduced lunch through the Federal Free and Reduced Lunch Program/National School Lunch Program is listed below.
|Household Size||Annual Income|
- The household size should be the number of dependents and the filer on the family's current tax statement.
- Students in foster care are considered a household size of one person.
More than six dependents
To determine income levels for families with more than six dependents, take the difference in increase in the annual income allowance from five to six dependents and apply that increment to each additional dependent.
Other criteria for identifying eligible students
- The student is a member of a family receiving public assistance.
- The student is a resident in a federally subsidized public housing project.
- The student is a resident in a foster home.
- The student is an enrollee in a program for the economically disadvantaged, such as Federal Free or Reduced Lunch program, Upward Bound/TRIO after-school programs, and other youth outreach programs.