Planning for College & Career
Prepare your students for life beyond high school
High school students face challenges and opportunities undreamt of just a generation ago. The Internet, globalization, and new business models have changed the way students understand the world and their place in it. Helping your students prepare for life beyond high school has never been more challenging or more exciting-but where do you start? How do you help each student chart a way forward?
MyRoad and CollegeEd give your students and their families the tools and information they need to understand and pursue higher education opportunities. Used by millions of students each year, these programs are reliable, comprehensive tools to connect your students to successful college and career paths.
College Board Schools Advisory Session Guides assist school faculty with the facilitation of an advisory program that personalizes student learning and leads students on the pathway to success in college and career.
MyRoad is an in-depth, personalized program that gives students the information and resources they need to:
- Explore their interests and preferences
- Search for colleges by location, major, cost, and more
- Select a major based on their interests and skills
- Consider career options
- Understand their strengths and address weaknesses
CollegeEd is an academic and career advisory course designed specifically for seventh through twelfth grades that prepares students and their families for college. CollegeEd gives all students and their families the information they need to:
- Discover the value of a college education
- Gain awareness that high school choices matter
- Explore potential careers
- Learn that students can succeed in middle school, high school, and college
The CollegeEd course:
- Aligns with American School Counselor's Association National Standards for School Counseling Programs and No Child Left Behind strategic goals
- Includes learning-style options and assessment criteria
- Is available in Spanish
- Includes access to MyRoad.com
College Board Schools Advisory Session Guides
College Board Schools believe advisory is a key component in promoting the academic success of students as they prepare for college. As a result, they developed Advisory Session Guides to support advisers in delivering a quality college preparation program.
The advisory sessions focus on student learning outcomes aligned to four goals:
- To help advisees reflect upon and monitor their academic progress through a formal conferencing structure
- To develop and maintain relationships between and among advisees and the adviser
- To help advisees identify and develop the necessary attitudes, behaviors and skills to succeed in school, college and life
- To provide advisees with the resources and information necessary to make thoughtful decisions about the future