Testing Closer to Home
How to request an SAT® test center
Students who live more than 75 miles (120 kilometers) from the nearest test center can request that the SAT® Program try to open a test center closer to their homes. Students will be notified of whether or not their requests can be fulfilled.
Restrictions of testing closer to home
Requests to open a test center closer to home:
- Must be made in writing, with a paper Registration Form
- Can be made by international testers only for November through May test dates (not available for October or June)
- Cannot be made for late registration
- Are not an option for testers in India or Pakistan
Registering for testing closer to home
To request testing closer to home, students need to:
- Register for the test using the paper Registration Form
- Enter the number 02000 for test center on the Registration Form and leave the second choice blank
- Include a letter describing the situation with the completed Registration Form
- Mail their registration:
Students will receive an Admission Ticket showing the test center assignment several weeks before the test.